START A CLUB CHAPTER
Increase girls’ interest and engagement in math by boosting their academic confidence through authentic learning opportunities using a financial literacy-based curriculum by bringing Fly Math Club to your school. We empower girls in grades 6th-8th to become academic risk-takers by engaging them in experiential learning experiences that integrates financial literacy. We welcome girls from all academic performance levels and backgrounds. Therefore, club members don't have to be a math whiz to participate in Fly Math Club programs. However, every girl must be willing to put forth effort in all tasks and exhibit a growth mindset.
Review our new chapter information packet.
Our club coordinator will contact you with next steps.
NEW CHAPTER REQUIREMENTS
• A club advisor and an assistant club advisor
• A safe, dedicated indoor meeting location
• Designated club meeting days & times
• Acknowledgment of support from the school administrator
• Willingness to host an interest meeting to enroll a minimum of 10 girls in the program (materials provided)
• Completion of an online club chapter application
FOR THE MEMBERS
• An interactive journal for each girl
• A keepsake lanyard for each girl to hold badges
• Registration for Fly Math Challenge Day
• End of season certificates
• Site allowance to help offset the cost for snacks
FOR THE ADVISORS
• Access to an online clubhouse with advisor guides and resources to help you lead a successful club
• Marketing and registration materials to start a new chapter
• Ongoing support and mentorship from Fly Math Club staff
• A club advisor appreciation event at the end of the season
CLUB SEASON DATES
We offer two seasons of Fly Math Club each year. Each season runs for nine weeks, with the girls meeting weekly for 90-120 minutes depending on the chosen format.
Fall Season: Begin in October and end in December culminating with Fly Math Challenge Day.
Spring Season: Begin in March and end in May culminating with Fly Math Challenge Day.
CLUB ADVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serve as the primary contact person for program participants and Fly Math Club staff
• Complete the required virtual or in-person training before the start of the club season
• Promote the program to all potential participants using a diversity lens to ensure that club members represent the schools' demographics
• Serve as a role model for program participants
• Facilitate weekly meetings, supervise club fundraising and community impact projects
• Facilitate communication with parents/guardians of program participants
• Participate in Fly Math Challenge Day
• Plan and coordinate your clubs' end of the season learning expedition
There is no startup fee for a new club chapter. Our current program fee is $125 per student per 9-week season. Financial aid is available based on students' eligibility for free or reduced lunch programs. Our priority is to ensure every girl believes that she is able and capable of achieving success in math, regardless of whether or not her family can afford to pay the full program fee.
CLUB MEMBER THOUGHTS
DO YOU WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT LEADING A CLUB?
Click the resource you want to view.