FLY Math Saturday Club
During our Saturday Club, we empower middle school age girls to become academic risk-takers by engaging them in experiential learning experiences that integrate science, technology, engineering, art, and math. We welcome girls from all academic performance levels and backgrounds. Therefore, club members don't have to be a math whiz to participate in FLY Math Club programs. However, every girl must be willing to put forth effort in all tasks and exhibit a growth mindset.
Our Saturday Club is designed to allow girls to use math in a fun, collaborative, and supportive environment. Club leaders facilitate each meeting in a manner that promotes student choice and voice in the learning process allowing the girls to develop leadership skills.
7 Reasons why every middle school age girl should join FLY Math Club
By becoming a Saturday Club member, each girl will have the opportunity to...
- Boost her academic confidence by fostering a growth mindset while improving STEM skills.
- Expand her critical thinking and problem-solving skills through experiential learning opportunities.
- Interact with supportive peers while engaging in year round STEAM workshops.
- Gain access to current and aspiring female STEM professionals.
- Grow her leadership skills while impacting her community through service learning projects.
- Snag a member discount off 2018 summer conference.
What: Are you curious about what girls do during club meetings? While each club meeting is slightly different, check out the example schedule for an idea of what members experience during club meetings. We offer complimentary guest passes to girls who may have an interest in joining the club, but would first like to attend a session to determine if the program is a good fit. Register to attend our next club meeting.
FLY Math Club's mission is to ensure every girl believes that she is able and capable of achieving success in math, regardless of whether or not her family can afford to pay the full membership fee.
We have a limited number of scholarships available to supplement the cost of membership. While we do our best to accept as many qualified girls as possible, the number of scholarships available is impacted by funding. Scholarships are available to families that qualify for free or reduced lunch as specified by Child Nutrition Services-Public Schools of North Carolina.