APPLY TO BECOME AN INTERN
Girls in grades 5th-8th needs a supportive and collaborative learning environment where they can build their math confidence. FLY Math Club empowers girls to take academic risks by increasing their self-efficacy and cultivating a growth mindset through experiential learning projects during out of school time. During our Saturday STEAM Club, we empower middle school-age girls to become academic risk-takers by engaging them in experiential learning experiences that integrate science, technology, engineering, art, and math. The program culminates with the girls planning and executing a community impact project—an experience that cultivates their confidence and advocacy skills.
• Must be a current undergraduate or graduate college student majoring in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) or education related field.
• Be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills.
• Integrity, maturity, credibility, and a demonstrated commitment to FLY Math Club's mission and creating positive social change in society.
• Experience working with youth.
• Be available to work 90 hours between September-May (averaging 10 hours per month).
• Must consent to and complete a background check.
• Attend intern onboarding meeting.
• Ability to work 90 total hours throughout the school year (September-May).
• Be positive, love math and like to have fun!
• Serve as a role model for Saturday STEAM Club members.
• Prepare, organize and supervise sessions (curriculum provided) for the Saturday STEAM Club monthly.
• Facilitate communication with parents/guardians of club members.
• Help plan and participate in club members' community impact assembly, service learning project and learning expedition.
• Expand outreach efforts to recruit and sustain ongoing student enrollment through marketing initiatives.
• Earn a stipend of up to $900 (based on hours worked).
• Free lunch during Saturday programming.
• Gain meaningful work experience while developing your leadership skills.
• Opportunity to engage in fun hands-on STEM activities with a group of energetic girls.